Derby #202: Anthropomorphic Food
+216

Pomegranate Problem

Pomegranate Problem
add a comment

Comments

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Re: Pomegranate Problem


A pomegranate is the only fruit that would have this problem. It is the only fruit I know of where the seeds are the edible part.

Obviously only edible seeds would be capable of coming to life and escaping.

Are there any other fruits that have edible seeds?

Feel free to give feedback on this and my other design!

bigfoot1107


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
ochopika wrote:
...Are there any other fruits that have edible seeds?...


Cacao?

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
bigfoot1107 wrote:Cacao?


OH yes! That is a fruit, isn't it? And coffee too!

gayemeyer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
Re: Pomegranate Problem


Why do I just lover everything you do?

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
gayemeyer wrote:Why do I just lover everything you do?


Because you're my mom!

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
Re: Pomegranate Problem


Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...

kevlar51


quality posts: 44 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Pomegranate Problem


This is hilarious. Nice work

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
laggyg wrote:Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...


WOAH did I get an HM on it??? Really?!!! I have to keep up one these things more. I'm gonna go check on that now.

I will make my mom buy a shirt, hopefully a perfect shirt for her will come along... maybe "Censor This". That would be awesome to see my mom wear that...

*edit* yay! You speak truth! I haz an HM! Now I am happy.

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
kevlar51 wrote:This is hilarious. Nice work


Thank you! I admire your work very much, so I'm glad you like this one!

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Pomegranate Problem


I wasn't sure about this with the thumbnail, but then I saw the joyously escaping seeds. I was sold.

gayemeyer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
laggyg wrote:Cute AND Morbid...can't go wrong! GMV =)

You should talk your mom into buying a shirt or 2 so she can help vote your designs up. I'm still angry Breaking News didn't print, but grats on the HM on it! At least it will get a second chance in the next Double Take derby...


You are right. I shall buy a tshirt. Which one do you recommend?

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
gayemeyer wrote:You are right. I shall buy a tshirt. Which one do you recommend?


ill tell you! Not on the forums though, probably too off-topic to babble on about that.

teacookie


quality posts: 4 Private Messages teacookie
Re: Pomegranate Problem


fav treat fruit. +1

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
ochopika wrote:WOAH did I get an HM on it??? Really?!!! I have to keep up one these things more. I'm gonna go check on that now.

I will make my mom buy a shirt, hopefully a perfect shirt for her will come along... maybe "Censor This". That would be awesome to see my mom wear that...

*edit* yay! You speak truth! I haz an HM! Now I am happy.

Now why on earth would I lie about you getting an HM? I'm honestly surprised you didn't notice already hahaha =P
I didn't want to clog this thread with comments on a different one of your designs, but go look at the Breaking News thread for more on that one that I had to say =)


As far as a shirt for your mom goes, Censor This has, unfortunatly, already been reckoned...so unless you bought one already, or get lucky enough to get it as a random, you're out of luck =( because it is a really cool shirt. I got mine last week and I LOOOVE it =D

gayemeyer wrote:You are right. I shall buy a tshirt. Which one do you recommend?

I am one of the most indecisive people I know, so I CAN sympathize if you are the same way. However I CANNOT tell you what you like artistically or humor wise. I suggest you sit down with your daughter (or son? Sorry if you're a dude, ocho, but I picture you as a chick in my head after our first back-and-forth about the color pink =P haha) and check out what is on the reckoning page, and have her explain how the site works if she hasn't done that already. Then pick something you like and get it so you can start voting =)

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
laggyg wrote:I am one of the most indecisive people I know, so I CAN sympathize if you are the same way. However I CANNOT tell you what you like artistically or humor wise. I suggest you sit down with your daughter (or son? Sorry if you're a dude, ocho, but I picture you as a chick in my head after our first back-and-forth about the color pink =P haha) and check out what is on the reckoning page, and have her explain how the site works if she hasn't done that already. Then pick something you like and get it so you can start voting =)


I bought "censor this" too, and i noticed that it was reckoned already oh well at least i got me one.

One of these shirts will eventually appeal to my momma, maybe one of these food shirts!

And yes I am a chick, and honestly, I rarely wear pink

Kwatson29


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: Pomegranate Problem


I am confused on the shadow....just a bit. Still good fun all around but the shadow shows three areas of the pomegranates hair...or is it just me????

Cheers!

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
Kwatson29 wrote:I am confused on the shadow....just a bit. Still good fun all around but the shadow shows three areas of the pomegranates hair...or is it just me????

Cheers!


Ah I see where that could be confusing. The shadows in the background are meant to be the silhouettes of other pomegranates, but the shadow of the "main character pomegranate" is cast on the ground, rather than the background.

The silhouettes were my solution to balancing the composition using a background that made sense to me, but wasn't too distracting.

Next derby I will try to post the sketch for review in the forums to get some feedback on stuff like that before the derby starts

laggyg


quality posts: 7 Private Messages laggyg
ochopika wrote:I bought "censor this" too, and i noticed that it was reckoned already oh well at least i got me one.

One of these shirts will eventually appeal to my momma, maybe one of these food shirts!

And yes I am a chick, and honestly, I rarely wear pink

It wasn't just the whole pink thing...don't get me wrong, that WAS a part of it...but I also just got this vibe from the way you worded things in some of your posts. But sometimes my hunches have been wrong so I try not to assume (we all know what happens when you do that =P haha).

Good luck finding a shirt for ma dukes! I'm sure one she'll like will come along sooner or later... =)

ochopika wrote:Ah I see where that could be confusing. The shadows in the background are meant to be the silhouettes of other pomegranates, but the shadow of the "main character pomegranate" is cast on the ground, rather than the background.

The silhouettes were my solution to balancing the composition using a background that made sense to me, but wasn't too distracting.

Next derby I will try to post the sketch for review in the forums to get some feedback on stuff like that before the derby starts

I like the BG the way it is, but it might have been even cooler if the silhouettes had minimalist outlines of horrified expressions on their faces. Maybe with just "negative space lines" of eyes and mouths...

mattcom


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mattcom
Re: Pomegranate Problem


The redness of it all looks great against that background color. Also: kinda scary. I like it +1

ochopika


quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
mattcom wrote:The redness of it all looks great against that background color. Also: kinda scary. I like it +1


Thank you! I'm kinda color-impaired, so I'm really good at working with gray and one or two other colors, lol. I'm practicing my color skills and if you or anyone else have any tips to share, that would be sweet.

thanks again!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail