Derby #239: The Year You Were Born: Redux!
+198

1968: Food Was Cheap

1968: Food Was Cheap
add a comment

Comments

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


Thanks for making me reveal my age, woot! And my love for Big Macs. :/



walmazan


quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan

curli76


quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

I like this, but why is the secret sauce white?

kevlar51


quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


that's one huge mac

taternuggets


quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks for making me reveal my age, woot! And my love for Big Macs. :/


Yay! Somebody is older than I am!

(not by much)


Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
taternuggets wrote:Yay! Somebody is older than I am!

(not by much)


Get off my lawn!!!



curli76


quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
curli76 wrote:I like this, but why is the secret sauce white?


Oops. I meant special sauce.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks for making me reveal my age, woot! And my love for Big Macs. :/

It feels all invasive doesn't it? And weird to learn everyone's ages!

Funny, clever, and sharp looking design fishbiscuit!

Vote!


fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
curli76 wrote:Oops. I meant special sauce.


Just an aesthetic choice. For some reason I remember it being cream almost white color. Clearly I no longer eat Big Macs!! Haha.



j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Just an aesthetic choice. For some reason I remember it being cream almost white color. Clearly I no longer eat Big Macs!! Haha.


You are correct. It's thousand island dressing, so cream/pink.
Unfortunately, I now have this stupid song running in my brain.
Thanks FB!
grrrr.

move along

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
j5 wrote:You are correct. It's thousand island dressing, so cream/pink.
Unfortunately, I now have this stupid song running in my brain.
Thanks FB!
grrrr.


Mission accomplished! lol! Everybody sing...



citizencoyote


quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Mission accomplished! lol! Everybody sing...


Must... resist... earworm...

Argh!

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese!

mrscat206


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


I need this shirt! I remember getting one of those floppy record things in my happy meal as a kid - if the people on your record could correctly sing the jingle, you'd win a prize. Mine couldn't, but now I can sing it in my sleep! Pretty sure I'd buy one for me and one for each of my (3) kids if it prints!!

midgerock


quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


very wearable and fun design!

buzatron


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


couldn't resist singing the song in my head! thanks alot for the song-jacking!

GMV ;)

Nitr1te


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nitr1te
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


Even though I'm not a fan of Big Macs, I like the shirt. I'd like it better if it more accurately represented a Big Mac; i.e. the bun in the middle of the mess.



I get it how it wouldn't flow with a jingle, but the representation bothers me :\

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


This is executed really well. It looks really sharp on the shirt and your choices on the typography were very good in my opinion.

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
mrwednesday wrote:This is executed really well. It looks really sharp on the shirt and your choices on the typography were very good in my opinion.


Thank you, mrwednesday! That means a lot. In a sea of artists born in Nintendo and Star Wars years, it's hard to stand out this time around.



fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
jasneko wrote:It feels all invasive doesn't it? And weird to learn everyone's ages!

Funny, clever, and sharp looking design fishbiscuit!


Thanks so much, Jas! My secret of old age is out! lol. :D



amhi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages amhi
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks so much, Jas! My secret of old age is out! lol. :D


I was born in the same year as you. Here, have a vote. Us old folk should stick together.

shikausstan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Nitr1te wrote:Even though I'm not a fan of Big Macs, I like the shirt. I'd like it better if it more accurately represented a Big Mac; i.e. the bun in the middle of the mess.



I get it how it wouldn't flow with a jingle, but the representation bothers me :\


Yeah McDonalds are nuts about the order their sandwiches go in...as a kid I once got in trouble with a manager for putting a sandwich in the box turned 90 degrees to the right...seriously!!!!

jerberry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerberry
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thanks for making me reveal my age, woot! And my love for Big Macs. :/

This is completely awesome!

Dolemite


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dolemite
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


This makes me think of Burgertime!

fishbiscuit5


quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: 1968: Food Was Cheap


Thanks for the support and comments, guys! :D



More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail