Derby #158: Physics
+606

Static Electrikitty

Static Electrikitty
add a comment

Comments

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!


Johndis5


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: Static Electrikitty


I love the expression on the cat's face. It is exactly the same expression my cat would get when introduced to a static charged balloon. HA!

spilzer


quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: Static Electrikitty


I was actually thinking about doing something with cats, balloons and static electricity for the Kawaii!!! derby. I think this is much better than anything I would have come up with. I agree that the cat's expression is just perfect.

Good job, Jasneko!

cosmiccow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!


I like the idea, but it kinda comes off as a cat wearing a heavy balloon shaped backpack more than a balloon that's stuck from static electricity.

jel2301


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Re: Static Electrikitty


When I look at it all I can think about is the cat thinking what ThunderThighs suggested as the title: "I will kill you in your sleep", which makes this all the funnier.

Nice job, jasneko.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

Johndis5 wrote:I love the expression on the cat's face. It is exactly the same expression my cat would get when introduced to a static charged balloon. HA!
Thanks Johndis5! Hehe awesome! Not that you do that to your poor cat right?;D

spilzer wrote:I was actually thinking about doing something with cats, balloons and static electricity for the Kawaii!!! derby. I think this is much better than anything I would have come up with. I agree that the cat's expression is just perfect.

Good job, Jasneko!
I'm sure yours would have been neat! So glad people are liking the expression. Thanks spilzer!!

cosmiccow wrote:I like the idea, but it kinda comes off as a cat wearing a heavy balloon shaped backpack more than a balloon that's stuck from static electricity.
Glad you like the idea. Hmm maybe watching these videos will help get you in the right frame of mind to look at it;) one more.

jel2301 wrote:When I look at it all I can think about is the cat thinking what ThunderThighs suggested as the title: "I will kill you in your sleep", which makes this all the funnier.

Nice job, jasneko.
Haha, that WAS a great title too (thanks Thunderthighs!). hehe.
Thanks jel2301!



missmissa07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Static Electrikitty


Very happy you went with the kelly green :D. It looks excellent! +1

misrymonky


quality posts: 2 Private Messages misrymonky
Re: Static Electrikitty


Love the final design! GMV

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Static Electrikitty


Simple, funny, original. Awesome job, jasneko.

Based on my own past experiments, this pose would last approximately 37 microseconds before the balloon was either burst or dislodged by running around. :^)

ruf1o


quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Re: Static Electrikitty


Watch A Pissed Off Cat

Let's go Duke!

walmazan


quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Static Electrikitty


Love it, and I love how look on the tee! very wearable!

Nice work like every single week jas!

joe517


quality posts: 0 Private Messages joe517
Re: Static Electrikitty


I like this, but I wish the image were larger

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

missmissa07 wrote:Very happy you went with the kelly green :D. It looks excellent! +1
Good to hear - I thought your preference was olive:D Thanks mismissa!

misrymonky wrote:Love the final design! GMV
Sweet, thanks misrymonky!

Spiritgreen wrote:Simple, funny, original. Awesome job, jasneko.

Based on my own past experiments, this pose would last approximately 37 microseconds before the balloon was either burst or dislodged by running around. :^)
Thanks so much Spiritgreen. And haha sounds like you have feisty subjects you're experimenting with;) You should take a look at the videos I posted above... those poor kitties loping around hehe.


ruf1o wrote:Watch A Pissed Off Cat
haha I've seen that before. The noises are disturbing but matched up with the subtitles - disturbing AND hilarious!


walmazan wrote:Love it, and I love how look on the tee! very wearable!

Nice work like every single week jas!

Aw, big thanks walmazan, that means a lot to me!

joe517 wrote:I like this, but I wish the image were larger

Thanks joe517. It's actually a decent size on the shirt... I tried to strike a balance between huge cat on shirt and not too small;) Woot always prints things larger than they look on the comps anyway, at least on men's shirts, so I wouldn't worry=)


cakeninjak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
Re: Static Electrikitty


HAHAHAHA.

Have you seen that graphic on the internet about cats and toast?

Toast always lands butter-side-down. Cats always land on their feet. If you stick the butter on the cat's back, you get CWAAAYYZZYEEEEE anti-gravity!

emeraldchickpea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!


I just cast my vote! Wishing you luck. It was fun!

Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Re: Static Electrikitty


Oh yay. I think all the work you did to refine this one really paid off. The cat's face is perfect!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

cakeninjak wrote:HAHAHAHA.

Have you seen that graphic on the internet about cats and toast?

Toast always lands butter-side-down. Cats always land on their feet. If you stick the butter on the cat's back, you get CWAAAYYZZYEEEEE anti-gravity!
Hmmm I am unfamiliar with that one!

emeraldchickpea wrote:I just cast my vote! Wishing you luck. It was fun!
Glad to hear it! Double thanks!

Nekkochan wrote:Oh yay. I think all the work you did to refine this one really paid off. The cat's face is perfect!
Heh, I will say, during all back and forthing and trying things last night, I had a few flashes, imagining the design getting about 5 votes despite all the time and so many people giving me input. Very happy it's not like that:D Thanks Nekkochan!



iloveschocobos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iloveschocobos
missmissa07 wrote:Very happy you went with the kelly green :D. It looks excellent! +1


I agree, the kelly green was an excellent choice! Good Luck!

amesj


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: Static Electrikitty


I love this, very spot on

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

iloveschocobos wrote:I agree, the kelly green was an excellent choice! Good Luck!

Glad you like it! I've wanted to have a kelly green tee for a while so it would be awesome if it were this one;) Thanks iloveschocobos!


amesj wrote:I love this, very spot on
Thanks very much amesj!


Duddles86


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86

Yay! You used the title! I wanted to say, I was looking at my kitty while she was sitting on the floor and I noticed the shoulder blade hump that makes the neck look off and I had to laugh b/c you are right that it was the true way a cat looks even if we think it looks wrong. Best of luck! you gmv!

fabiofranca


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Static Electrikitty


I am not very much fan of tees with cats on it but this one came out very nice... good luck!

whisperatdaybreak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
Re: Static Electrikitty


Hahaha, I love this!

bearysoft


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearysoft

The look on this cat's face makes me think of the time my brothers were getting tiny marshmallows wet and throwing them at the cat. She was none to amused to have 20+ tiny marshmallows stuck on her fur. My brothers, however, were in hysterics.

specsmachine


quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
ruf1o wrote:Watch A Pissed Off Cat


Thanks for a good laugh!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

Duddles86 wrote:Yay! You used the title! I wanted to say, I was looking at my kitty while she was sitting on the floor and I noticed the shoulder blade hump that makes the neck look off and I had to laugh b/c you are right that it was the true way a cat looks even if we think it looks wrong. Best of luck! you gmv!
I did - thank you for the name!
And haha that's so funny you saw the hump! But it's ok, if it looked weird to people it's probably better that I changed it - but yup that's definitely a cat thing:D

fabiofranca wrote:I am not very much fan of tees with cats on it but this one came out very nice... good luck!
Well that's nice to hear - thanks fabiofranca!

whisperatdaybreak wrote:Hahaha, I love this!
Hey Whisper! And thanks

bearysoft wrote:The look on this cat's face makes me think of the time my brothers were getting tiny marshmallows wet and throwing them at the cat. She was none to amused to have 20+ tiny marshmallows stuck on her fur. My brothers, however, were in hysterics.
haha and yikes! In that case the title "I will kill you in your sleep" probably applied very much!

specsmachine wrote:Thanks for a good laugh!
Thanks from me too... I watched it again and gave me a good laugh a few times as well.


whisperatdaybreak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whisperatdaybreak
jasneko wrote:Hey Whisper! And thanks


Hello! You're welcome

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

Thats one annoyed cat! LOL

Would you kindly...

icymallard


quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Static Electrikitty


- "I are not amused."

cats are so lully!

lucky1988


quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Static Electrikitty


Adorable, love the cat's irritated expression!

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Static Electrikitty


I like it on the kelly Not enough designs use the greens when most people look good in it. Glad you changed some of the line thicknesses too.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
LOLcommunism wrote:Thats one annoyed cat! LOL

Yup yup!

icymallard wrote:- "I are not amused."

cats are so lully!
Yesh. And cats are so lully!

lucky1988 wrote:Adorable, love the cat's irritated expression!
Thank you Lucky!

tjost wrote:I like it on the kelly Not enough designs use the greens when most people look good in it. Glad you changed some of the line thicknesses too.
Glad to hear it And totally agreed on the kelly. I am still waiting for a a kelly shirt (and grass too for that matter) I want to buy, and I really like the greens!


megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Static Electrikitty


absolutely love this design on this color, pops so nicely! angry kittys are the greatest! nice job and good luck! =D

gyro8891


quality posts: 2 Private Messages gyro8891
Re: Static Electrikitty


Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.


and?

marystogner23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages marystogner23
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
megsck wrote:absolutely love this design on this color, pops so nicely! angry kittys are the greatest! nice job and good luck! =D

Lol... angry kitties are funny, but I try to keep mine non-angry;D Thanks so much megsck! =)

gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.
Hmmm. I kind of thought anyone who either has a cat or is at least familiar with the 'rub a balloon on something furry/hairy and it will stick' would get it pretty quick? I posted some videos of cats and balloons above if you want to check them out!

megsck wrote:and?
And cats rulez!;)



Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Duddles86 wrote:Yay! You used the title! I wanted to say, I was looking at my kitty while she was sitting on the floor and I noticed the shoulder blade hump that makes the neck look off and I had to laugh b/c you are right that it was the true way a cat looks even if we think it looks wrong. Best of luck! you gmv!


All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

ruf1o


quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Nekkochan wrote:Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...


http://www.geeklabel.com/lcd_tee.php

Let's go Duke!

Duddles86


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86
Nekkochan wrote:All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...


Dems fightin' words! :-D My cat is ~8lbs at 3 yrs old but very small and slim. Its only a certain angles where you would notice it.

Jw... do you feed your cat? :-D

midnight0000


quality posts: 1 Private Messages midnight0000
Re: Static Electrikitty


I like the idea but somehow the fact that the cat is yellow bothers me

mitchellp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Static Electrikitty


This seems like a winner!

GMV

Good job jasneko

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote:All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

LOL. Excessive fuzziness could definitely mask the curve:D
I was going to say 'maybe one day' to the shirt with an animation, but then I saw below!

ruf1o wrote:http://www.geeklabel.com/lcd_tee.php
Crazy, hehe.

Duddles86 wrote:Dems fightin' words! :-D My cat is ~8lbs at 3 yrs old but very small and slim. Its only a certain angles where you would notice it.

Jw... do you feed your cat? :-D
Hehe. The question is... what do they feed this cat?

midnight0000 wrote:I like the idea but somehow the fact that the cat is yellow bothers me
Hmm well thanks... the color is actually not supposed to be yellow, but an orangey color. Kind of like this guy/gal.

mitchellp wrote:This seems like a winner!

GMV

Good job jasneko
Here's hoping!=)
Thanks mitchellp!


Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
ruf1o wrote:http://www.geeklabel.com/lcd_tee.php


OK, wow, I should have known somebody on this site would actually have a solution. That's very cool!

Nekkochan


quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Duddles86 wrote:Dems fightin' words! :-D My cat is ~8lbs at 3 yrs old but very small and slim. Its only a certain angles where you would notice it.

Jw... do you feed your cat? :-D


I have a friend who thinks I have the world's most high-maintenance cat, between his immunotherapy shots, his special diet, all the pills he's on... but he's paid me back with over 16 years of constant devotion. And shedding on everything I own, but that's not really payback. I can't buy creme Woot shirts because he's black... only dark colors for me!

emeraldchickpea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!


You are very welcome. And contrary to what I usually do, this is the only design I'm voting for this week!

imsochady


quality posts: 24 Private Messages imsochady
Re: Static Electrikitty


Baahahaha, love the title!

cryptarius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryptarius
Re: Static Electrikitty


I WANT THIS.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote: I have a friend who thinks I have the world's most high-maintenance cat, between his immunotherapy shots, his special diet, all the pills he's on... but he's paid me back with over 16 years of constant devotion. And shedding on everything I own, but that's not really payback. I can't buy creme Woot shirts because he's black... only dark colors for me!

Awww I'm with you Nekkochan - the love and happiness kitties bring is well worth taking care of them <3, even when it gets more involved by health trouble (I've experienced something similar).

emeraldchickpea wrote:You are very welcome. And contrary to what I usually do, this is the only design I'm voting for this week!

Gee, thanks! I have to say, there are quite a few great designs in the fog so it feels like it could be any design's derby - so Static Electrikitty thanks you too!

imsochady wrote:Baahahaha, love the title!
Hehe it is a good one - thanks to Duddles86 when I was posting it pre-derby!

cryptarius wrote:I WANT THIS.
Hope you get a chance!


mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.


I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I happen to like cats, and I love my own cat, but I can't see wearing this.

When I wear a woot shirt and people ask where I got it, I love it. I don't like it though when people ask for an explanation, unless it just makes them look silly. (Like explaining the Say No to Scurvy shirt! "What does it mean?" (get a dictionary) "Is there an outbreak of scurvy somewhere?" (you gotta be kidding me). This looks like a shirt that will require explaining, and that's not my thing.

Jasneko - I love the color combination, and the cat's face is perfect. This just isn't the shirt for me.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Static Electrikitty

@mjc613 - Thanks, glad you like the color combination and find the cat's face perfect!
As to the rest,I hoped it would still make sense outside the derby... I asked a few people offline and they thought 'anyone with a cat will definitely get it'. I also thought most people are at least familiar with rubbing a balloon to get stuck on people's hair, so would make the connection that someone did it to this cat, who does not like it! Hopefully that's the case=)


Thanks very much to everyone who voted for this and all the great comments, support and help pre-derby! It's been awesome to be in the fog the entire derby!


bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jasneko wrote:@mjc613 - Thanks, glad you like the color combination and find the cat's face perfect!
As to the rest,I hoped it would still make sense outside the derby... I asked a few people offline and they thought 'anyone with a cat will definitely get it'. I also thought most people are at least familiar with rubbing a balloon to get stuck on people's hair, so would make the connection that someone did it to this cat, who does not like it! Hopefully that's the case=)


Thanks very much to everyone who voted for this and all the great comments, support and help pre-derby! It's been awesome to be in the fog the entire derby!


Good luck, Jasneko! I love the balloon kitty!

emeraldchickpea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
Re: Static Electrikitty


Less than 4 hours!

Go Kitty, go kitty Go Kitty, GO!!!!

raymecake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raymecake
Re: Static Electrikitty


I really wanted this one to print. Bummer.

bacguffin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bacguffin
Re: Static Electrikitty


I STILL really want this shirt!!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail