Derby #598: The Future!
Derby # 598: The Future!
What does the future look like? Utopian? Dystopian? Maybe Dinotopian? Well, polish off your crystal ball (we all have one of those, right?), peer into the hazy unknown, and show us what you see.
But be warned: Only ORIGINAL futures will be allowed in this derby. That means no references or allusions to existing futuristic visions already imagined. No Roddenberry. No Lucas. No Whedon. No Orwell. No optimistically naive scientist from 1950. Just your own original fanciful visions of the future (or zombie-full visions, if that’s your thing. We won’t judge). Also, there are no cream tees in the future.
Don't forget to email your art file when you submit your entry so we get it and you can get paid! $$$$$$$$. Awww yeah.
This Derby ends NEXT THURSDAY at noon. The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place designs will be featured Friday - Sunday. Select designs will also be included in a sale that starts after the Weekend of Winners.
Next week's Derby preview - Schadenfreude! We’re all guilty of it, so we might as well enjoy it openly by submitting great designs that celebrate it. If you don’t know what it means, here’s a super accurate definition:
Schadenfreude: (n) /shah·den·froi·de/
1. Enjoyment or pleasure derived from another’s misfortune.
2. What Germans feel when watching Americans try to pronounce and spell schadenfreude.
3. The secret behind the success of America’s Funniest Home Videos (in spite of Bob Saget).
4. The reason the internet was invented.
5. The guilty, gleeful thrill derived from seeing someone else's derby entry get rejected for being off-topic, on a cream tee, or having more than 6 spot colors. You've been warned.