Derby #599: Schadenfreude!
Derby # 599: Schadenfreude!
We’re all guilty of it, so we might as well enjoy it openly by submitting great designs that celebrate it. If you don’t know what it means, here’s a super accurate definition:
Schadenfreude: (n) /shah·den·froi·de/
1. Enjoyment or pleasure derived from another’s misfortune.
2. What Germans feel when watching Americans try to pronounce and spell schadenfreude.
3. The secret behind the success of America’s Funniest Home Videos (in spite of Bob Saget).
4. The reason the internet was invented.
5. The guilty, gleeful thrill derived from seeing someone else's derby entry get rejected for being off-topic, on a cream tee, or having more than 6 spot colors. You've been warned.
Don't forget to email your art file when you submit your entry so we get it and you can get paid! $$$$$$$$. Awww yeah.
This Derby ends NEXT THURSDAY at noon. The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place designs will be featured Friday - Sunday. Select designs will also be included in a sale that starts after the Weekend of Winners.
Next week's Derby preview - Superstitions! - I don’t believe in superstitions, and I’m certainly not wearing my lucky derby underwear. So bring on the black cats and broken mirrors and let’s design shirts about superstitions! I’ll just be over here not knocking on wood with crossed fingers while wearing a garland of garlic and throwing salt over my shoulder. Cross my heart. Also, I heard somewhere that submitting a cream tee could maybe possibly give you 7000 years of bad luck, so…