The Derby is active and ready for your submissions and voting.
Over the next several weeks, our weekend derbies will be all about the U.S. states. This week you'll be designing a tee for one (or more) of the Northeast states. Since all things are relative, let's say for the purpose of this Derby that the Northeastern States are:
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
We're hoping to get at LEAST one tee for every state. Ideally several. Here are a few rules:
- You can design a tee for the state or a city within that state.
- Be mindful that some well known landmarks are privately owned (the Space Needle, the Chrysler Building, etc.) and may be rejection fodder.
- Don't use the state's actual slogans.
- No Creme tees.
The top three vote-getters will get $200 and will appear alongside a selection of honorable mention prints on 4/6 and will ALSO likely be featured around a particularly patriotic event this summer...
Bonus Preview: Derby #428: Minimalism. Reduce it down the bare essentials. No creme tees. Launches on Monday, March 30. The top 3 vote-getters receive $1000 and are printed the weekend of 4/3-4/5, with honorable mentions running in the 4/6 honorable mention plus sale.
Fog of War (In no particular order)
Click “I’d Want One” next to any designs that catch your fancy. You can vote for as many different designs as you like, but only once per design. If you don’t see the “I’d Want One” buttons next to the designs you’re not logged in. Go log in if you want to vote.
- Thursday at noon: Derby theme is announced
- following Friday at noon: Derby opens for submissions and voting
- following Wednesday at noon: submissions close
- following Thursday at noon: voting closes, winner announced
- following Friday at midnight: 1st place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Saturday at midnight: 2nd place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Sunday at midnight: 3rd place for sale on Shirt.Woot
- following Monday at midnight: Honorable Mentions Plus Sale launches