Derby #192: Woodcuts
Ah, xylography. You know carving images into blocks of wood used to be the end all be all, and real experts would leave the printing parts level with the surface while removing the rest making basically a stamp out of a log. We're going to wash all that high-tech robot business off by going back to basics with some good olden days' art style. Give us your best woodcut-inspired design; you don't need a specific type of character or scenery, but it should look like a woodcut. That means brush up on your Albrecht Dürer and Édouard Manet and Urs Graf. Now for the rules:
- You may only use two ink colors. That's right, only two.
- No text.
- No halftones. Wood doesn't come in halftones.
- No pop culture, video games, Star Wars, or meme puns. CREATE something.
- Be sure you've got the latest Shirt.Woot design templates.
- Your submission must include print-ready artwork. As in "finalized and ready to go."