Derby #76: Beginning
+1233

Birth of the Moon

Birth of the Moon
add a comment

Comments

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: Birth of the Moon


If you're not up to date with the cool new theory of the moon's creation, you should go to the Museum of Natural History. It's what I did. *dork*

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Birth of the Moon


Very cool! I love science based stuff, and you managed to make it wearable to boot. Nicely done.

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Birth of the Moon

Wow. This is insanely good. O.O


Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Birth of the Moon

Wow, that is beautiful.



speedcheetah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
Re: Birth of the Moon


i really like the colors on this one!

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Wow, thanks you guys. I'm glad you like it :D

petitchat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitchat

for those of us without the Museum of Natural History: what is the new exciting theory?

xK3N2x


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xK3N2x

Great design! Love the color

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Birth of the Moon


If there was any way woot could spin in some glow-in-the-dark ink, that would top it off!

wizard7926


quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Beautiful!

[MOD: No advertising please]

PopeYmir


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PopeYmir
petitchat wrote:for those of us without the Museum of Natural History: what is the new exciting theory?


According to the picture, moon sex.

petitchat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitchat
PopeYmir wrote:According to the picture, moon sex.




hmm. many things do begin this way. and so why not the moon. interesting..

fifteensmiles


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifteensmiles
petitchat wrote:for those of us without the Museum of Natural History: what is the new exciting theory?


The collision theory or great impact hypothesis. That a large body hit the Earth and the resulting debris eventually accreted to form the moon. Basically.

Also, amazing design. I want it.

petitchat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages petitchat
fifteensmiles wrote:The collision theory or great impact hypothesis. That a large body hit the Earth and the resulting debris eventually accreted to form the moon. Basically.

Also, amazing design. I want it.



oh. thats pretty cool.
thanks

Barnhill5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Jestik wrote:If there was any way woot could spin in some glow-in-the-dark ink, that would top it off!


Agree - glow in the dark would be awesome. Fantastic design!!

riffmaster18


quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Birth of the Moon


Awesome texture and highlights!


Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

vaharri


quality posts: 1 Private Messages vaharri

really like it

Anthony3419


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Birth of the Moon


Hey great job.... GMV!


FancyDad


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FancyDad
sekiyoku wrote:If you're not up to date with the cool new theory of the moon's creation, you should go to the Museum of Natural History. It's what I did. *dork*


so, tell us you dork. or give me a link.



illuminator


quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Birth of the Moon


That is just gorgeous!!!

Melkoret


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melkoret
Re: Birth of the Moon


i might take back all my other votes just for this one...

laryxle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages laryxle
Re: Birth of the Moon


Wow this one is really amazing, this could be the best entry i've seen on woot yet. GMV

Wobblytoddles


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wobblytoddles
Re: Birth of the Moon


This is truly stunning.

TurboGraphx16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
Re: Birth of the Moon


This looks like something a virgin would wear at a Star Trek convention; not for me, doesn't get my vote.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

the problem is that while this is pretty i doubt anyone would understand what it represents from looking at it. as such, i have no desire to vote on it. i like things that look like the things they are.

GCap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GCap
byrbwr wrote:the problem is that while this is pretty i doubt anyone would understand what it represents from looking at it. as such, i have no desire to vote on it. i like things that look like the things they are.


Good point my feeling exactly

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: Birth of the Moon





i would buy this as a print.

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Birth of the Moon


you are _so_ above stick figures, sekiyoku....


you have talent, you have my vote.

jawajohn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jawajohn
Re: Birth of the Moon


Well I've got too many black shirts already, but this is absolutely beautiful. Really. Amazingly gorgeous. Easily has my vote and my $10 if it prints ;)

fruit cocktail

Sure I know what sex is....a kind of cake....right?

woemcat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat
Re: Birth of the Moon


wow! this is so beautiful!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Birth of the Moon


This is really tempting because of the colours. The streaks remind me of water, and water is my favourite of the classical elements. Undecided though. Hmm.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

seekayeff


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
byrbwr wrote:the problem is that while this is pretty i doubt anyone would understand what it represents from looking at it. as such, i have no desire to vote on it. i like things that look like the things they are.


I knew exactly what it was when I saw it but then i'm a science dork.
I think its one of the best offerings i've seen on here in a while.
and i would have no problem explaining it to anyone not as smart as me.
GMV

D3lusional


quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: Birth of the Moon


Awesome, voted.
It's funny to hear the theory described as new, it was around before I was born, although I understand that still is relatively new.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Birth of the Moon


Stunning design and I will definitely buy this one - I'd love it even more though if it didn't have so many flashes/streamers on the left/open side of the shirt, and were instead a more concise design. Still, a must have. I think something I like will win for once (on black, as usual of course...*sighs as she is smothered by a mountain of black woot tees*. Navy would have been pretty sweet, I think...

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
fairnymph wrote:Stunning design and I will definitely buy this one - I'd love it even more though if it didn't have so many flashes/streamers on the left/open side of the shirt, and were instead a more concise design. Still, a must have. I think something I like will win for once (on black, as usual of course...*sighs as she is smothered by a mountain of black woot tees*. Navy would have been pretty sweet, I think...


Ha, I've got too many black AND navy tees now. And both designs that I might buy this time around are on black.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

itsmytimeout


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsmytimeout
Re: Birth of the Moon


beautiful ..

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
eHalcyon wrote:Ha, I've got too many black AND navy tees now. And both designs that I might buy this time around are on black.


I have 5 black tees (3 woot), 1 kelly green woot, 1 grass green woot, 1 royal blue woot, 1 asphalt woot and that's it for woots. So I exaggerated a bit, but I am not really a t-shirt girl (funny how woot has changed that). I'm guessing 7 woot shirts is not a big deal, and 10 tshirts total isn't too excessive. (I have about 30 tank tops.)

I really want a navy and a cranberry shirt. I had a navy one but I decided I couldn't handle the cream in the design and sold it for a loss.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
fairnymph wrote:I have 5 black tees (3 woot), 1 kelly green woot, 1 grass green woot, 1 royal blue woot, 1 asphalt woot and that's it for woots. So I exaggerated a bit, but I am not really a t-shirt girl (funny how woot has changed that). I'm guessing 7 woot shirts is not a big deal, and 10 tshirts total isn't too excessive. (I have about 30 tank tops.)

I really want a navy and a cranberry shirt. I had a navy one but I decided I couldn't handle the cream in the design and sold it for a loss.


Hmm, actually, I guess I don't have "too many". I have 2 each of black, navy and asphalt. Then I have 1 each of olive, white, creme, cranberry, royal blue, kelly green and baby blue. This is only counting woots I've gotten for myself. I also have Insomnia from Threadless (kelly green), which is probably my favourite shirt of all time.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mwace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwace
Re: Birth of the Moon


I would buy it without the stars. And if it was slightly less ...curly.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Birth of the Moon


As a cosmo dork I approve this message. Not too sure on the cool colors because I think the planets crashing should be HOT... like my pants when I saw this...

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
eHalcyon wrote:Hmm, actually, I guess I don't have "too many". I have 2 each of black, navy and asphalt. Then I have 1 each of olive, white, creme, cranberry, royal blue, kelly green and baby blue. This is only counting woots I've gotten for myself. I also have Insomnia from Threadless (kelly green), which is probably my favourite shirt of all time.


So about what I have, but a bit more varied. Can you really wear all those colours or do you not care?

I like the Insomnia shirt - it's cute, but not something I'd wear. I really love the humping unicorns (Afternoon Delight) but the colours are like, the worst ever for my skin tone and my tastes. I did get the artist to sell me the design to use to print my own shirt on a colour I CAN wear, though, which was awesome of him.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
fairnymph wrote:So about what I have, but a bit more varied. Can you really wear all those colours or do you not care?

I like the Insomnia shirt - it's cute, but not something I'd wear. I really love the humping unicorns (Afternoon Delight) but the colours are like, the worst ever for my skin tone and my tastes. I did get the artist to sell me the design to use to print my own shirt on a colour I CAN wear, though, which was awesome of him.


I don't care that much. I'm avoiding baby blue and creme now, but I like the shirts I've got.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

xxchange


quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: Birth of the Moon


So EPIC!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

kitsune13


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitsune13
xxchange wrote:So EPIC!



I have mostly black shirts, so don't need a new one....

.... but I'd have to get this one

I love it - it is gorgeous!

GoldBerry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: Birth of the Moon


This is absolutely amazing. Love the colors and everything. Only design that I've voted for so far.

I actually just recently watched a tv show on BBC called Catastrophe that explained this theory as well as others. Very interesting stuff.

sekiyuko


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekiyuko

This is my favorite design you've ever done! LOVE IT! Seki Rocks!

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
sekiyuko wrote:This is my favorite design you've ever done! LOVE IT! Seki Rocks!


?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
heartluce wrote:?


That comment was made by sekiyuko, not sekiyoku.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Wow, thanks so much for the response and all the comments.

For those of you who are curious as to the theory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon#Formation

As for understanding what's going on - I wanted to make something visually pleasing to the general public, but for people who know what it is intended to be, it's that much cooler. :p I hope, anyway.

Weird, someone made a twin of me? Kind of creepy. xD

Hutif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Birth of the Moon


Wow, I like the electric blue colors. Personally, I subscribe to the theory that the moon formed independently, but I'm not exactly a scientist.


P.S. You know, if you rotate it just right, it looks like a flying beetle. All you need is love, man.

thumper62


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thumper62
Re: Birth of the Moon


This is so beautiful. A real eye catcher. Great work! I want one!

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Birth of the Moon


Ha, this just made me think of George Costanza's hilarious "My world's are colliding" speech.

ms4guy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ms4guy
Re: Birth of the Moon


The first thing I thought of when I saw this was metaphase of mitosis under fluorescence microscopy. But the whole moon formation thing is cool too I suppose.

Excellent design!

brwnrthanu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brwnrthanu
Re: Birth of the Moon


While visually stunning, every time I return back to this it reminds me of a spider. Not something I would wear . . . sorry.

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
brwnrthanu wrote:While visually stunning, every time I return back to this it reminds me of a spider. Not something I would wear . . . sorry.


Gross. Now that you said that, I can't unsee a spider. Ewwww. I hate those things.

Carpe shirtem!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyuko wrote:This is my favorite design you've ever done! LOVE IT! Seki Rocks!


Because if you don't keep your fake accounts in check, this happens

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
AdderXYU wrote:Because if you don't keep your fake accounts in check, this happens


I was wondering when the retards would start showing up on this thread.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyoku wrote:I was wondering when the retards would start showing up on this thread.


I imagine they showed up at the first post

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
sekiyoku wrote:Weird, someone made a twin of me? Kind of creepy. xD


Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.. hence why so many tree shirts .....

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
AdderXYU wrote:I imagine they showed up at the first post


No, you don't get it, I was saying you're the first one.

Seriously just go away, no one likes you, and very few people pay attention to you except to flame you. You must really have no life in order to roam around this site complaining about everything while no one cares.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Patchitect wrote:Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery.. hence why so many tree shirts .....


Ha, I'm not sure how I feel about this kind of flattery. It sort of sketches me out. :O

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyoku wrote:No, you don't get it, I was saying you're the first one.

Seriously just go away, no one likes you, and very few people pay attention to you except to flame you. You must really have no life in order to roam around this site complaining about everything while no one cares.


I'm not sure what amuses me more: your grade school humor, or your chastisement of my not being a respected forum member. I'm sure you know ALL about gaining respect in forums, don't you?

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
sekiyoku wrote:No, you don't get it, I was saying you're the first one.

Seriously just go away, no one likes you, and very few people pay attention to you except to flame you. You must really have no life in order to roam around this site complaining about everything while no one cares.


I think he got it.

And I care. I really do.


theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
BootsBoots wrote:I think he got it.

And I care. I really do.

Ditto.


Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Birth of the Moon


O lawd. Best color usage EVER.

SpastasticNomadic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
sekiyoku wrote:
Seriously just go away, no one likes you...


Speak for yourself. Adder's opinion, even if not always agreed with, is valued more than some people would like to think.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
BootsBoots wrote:I think he got it.

And I care. I really do.


Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone else, but I'm very sick of Adder. All he has done (from my viewpoint) is complain and harass me, and I really don't want to take it lying down. I'm generally a very nice person though.

From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyoku wrote:
From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.


"Follows me around". Ymean around the derby threads?

I like you more when you're making horrible humor. This is killing me.

kira227


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kira227
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Speak for yourself. Adder's opinion, even if not always agreed with, is valued more than some people would like to think.


except he didn't post anything on this thread that qualifies as an opinion about the design...isn't that why people post?


gorgeous design by the way

jpreddi1990


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpreddi1990
sekiyoku wrote:If you're not up to date with the cool new theory of the moon's creation, you should go to the Museum of Natural History. It's what I did. *dork*


glow in the dark ink definately

CarpoMarx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx
TurboGraphx16 wrote:This looks like something a virgin would wear at a Star Trek convention; not for me, doesn't get my vote.

But yet you're all over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt? Bwahahaha! Irony rules.





planeshifter2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages planeshifter2
AdderXYU wrote:"Follows me around". Ymean around the derby threads?

I like you more when you're making horrible humor. This is killing me.


Do you ever shut up?

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
CarpoMarx wrote:But yet you're all over the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle shirt? Bwahahaha! Irony rules.


L O L I agree.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fofmock


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Birth of the Moon


Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
fofmock wrote:Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.


No offense, but if I made an extra account for one (useless) extra vote, why the hell would I make it almost the exact same name as my account AND also comment on my own picture? That makes absolutely no sense, and I felt like he was being obnoxious (and dumb) for suggesting that.

I'm glad you think it's a cool design though.

Darquis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
planeshifter2 wrote:Do you ever shut up?


I'm betting he doesn't speak his posts as he types them.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Darquis wrote:I'm betting he doesn't speak his posts as he types them.


And you would be wrong. I am actually releasing a CD of my Greatest Forum Hits.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
fofmock wrote:Adder is sometimes over-critical, but he wasn't insulting the design, he was pointing out the suspiciously similar account name that commented on this picture. If its not you, then sorry, but if it is, I couldn't agree with him more. I mean if you really feel the need to make new accounts when you buy something for that one or two extra votes, you deserve to be ragged on. That being said, this is a cool design.


I do find it a bit unfair of Adder to jump to that conclusion. He should know better than anyone about dopplegangers what with AdderYXU about.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

epii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages epii
Re: Birth of the Moon


I really want to like this--I do love the intensity of the colors and the concept--but the swirly lines coming off the side really kill it for me. To me, it takes away from the feeling of impact you should expect from two massive bodies colliding. Swirls remind me of leisurely floating, not violent collision.
Just my thoughts.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
eHalcyon wrote:I do find it a bit unfair of Adder to jump to that conclusion. He should know better than anyone about dopplegangers what with AdderYXU about.


I like SubtracterUYX, personally. :p

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
sekiyoku wrote:No offense, but if I made an extra account for one (useless) extra vote, why the hell would I make it almost the exact same name as my account AND also comment on my own picture?


Looks like the jig is up. The cat's out of the bag. The constable shall whistle whilst twirling a baton no more. And you thought you could get away with it.

I feel like I should rebuke you for calling one vote useless; you're making me feel very unimportant and insignificant.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
smedgrick wrote:Looks like the jig is up. The cat's out of the bag. The constable shall whistle whilst twirling a baton no more. And you thought you could get away with it.

I feel like I should rebuke you for calling one vote useless; you're making me feel very unimportant and insignificant.


It's useless because it's a meaningless vote. If someone clicks the 'I'd want one' button, it should mean that they like the design enough to actually want it. Therefore, the vote total should be representative of the interest level of the Woot community in the shirt, and a fake vote doesn't tell me anything or help me in any way.

kurokami


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurokami

i hope this one wins. i'm looking forward to wearing it.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: Birth of the Moon


I really don't understand how anyone can see spider in any of this.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
epii wrote:I really want to like this--I do love the intensity of the colors and the concept--but the swirly lines coming off the side really kill it for me. To me, it takes away from the feeling of impact you should expect from two massive bodies colliding. Swirls remind me of leisurely floating, not violent collision.
Just my thoughts.


That's what I was getting at with my initial comments on the design, up above.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:I do find it a bit unfair of Adder to jump to that conclusion. He should know better than anyone about dopplegangers what with AdderYXU about.


My dopplegangers are blank-boxed trolls. Seki's is not.

Also, let us not forget forum dynamics. There are explanations for why someone would make a fake Adder account. If someone really wanted to be Sekiyoku that badly, they could just register Ramyb.

And there's also that little spurt earlier re: Ramy and Seki's questionable convention ethics. I feel there is plenty reason enough to be inquisitive.

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
sekiyoku wrote:No offense, but if I made an extra account for one (useless) extra vote, why the hell would I make it almost the exact same name as my account AND also comment on my own picture? That makes absolutely no sense, and I felt like he was being obnoxious (and dumb) for suggesting that.

I'm glad you think it's a cool design though.


You know, if you go back back and check the voting number for some of the previous derbies, sometimes it is only a very small handful of votes (less than 10)that does make the difference between being printed as a third place or not being printed at all. So let's not consider a vote useless.

Stellardig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Birth of the Moon


Awesome Design! Great Job! GMV Stellardig

sylph01


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sylph01

So you get your amusement from denigrating other people and proving how you need to spew negativity in order to feel self-actualized. Try getting a life. Or some therapy. Any way you slice it, it's entirely pathetic that you can't enjoy your life without trying to make someone else unhappy. Perhaps you should do some growing up before you release your fingers on someone else.

sylph01


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sylph01
sylph01 wrote:So you get your amusement from denigrating other people and proving how you need to spew negativity in order to feel self-actualized. Try getting a life. Or some therapy. Any way you slice it, it's entirely pathetic that you can't enjoy your life without trying to make someone else unhappy. Perhaps you should do some growing up before you release your fingers on someone else.


That was supposed to be replying to Adder, who should learn the power of constructive criticism...

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
AGrant311 wrote:You know, if you go back back and check the voting number for some of the previous derbies, sometimes it is only a very small handful of votes (less than 10)that does make the difference between being printed as a third place or not being printed at all. So let's not consider a vote useless.


Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
sekiyoku wrote:Sorry, I mean no offense to anyone else, but I'm very sick of Adder. All he has done (from my viewpoint) is complain and harass me, and I really don't want to take it lying down. I'm generally a very nice person though.

From what I can tell, Adder is helpful at times and not a bad person in some situations, but also very offensive and hypocritical in others. You really can't blame me for not liking him when he follows me around flaming me.


Yeah. I see your point. I just thought I'd jump in and say that I value Adder's opinion (which I do) since he always seems to have so many people against him. By the way, I'm hoping to get a really cool costume now that I've professed to being on the side of evil (or is it the side of good? Pssst... Adder, which side are we on?)


AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
HeartlineTwist wrote:Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.


But if 10 people think their single vote is meaningless (that's 10 votes)... And if someone has five or six accounts, each with a purchase... In the Optimism derby, only 6 votes seperated the printed third place from the unprinted fourth place.
Remember, all the single votes added together equal the big picture.

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
BootsBoots wrote:Yeah. I see your point. I just thought I'd jump in and say that I value Adder's opinion (which I do) since he always seems to have so many people against him. By the way, I'm hoping to get a really cool costume now that I've professed to being on the side of evil (or is it the side of good? Pssst... Adder, which side are we on?)


Boots, what side are the Turnips of Justice on? That earlier posting just made me laugh.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:My dopplegangers are blank-boxed trolls. Seki's is not.

Also, let us not forget forum dynamics. There are explanations for why someone would make a fake Adder account. If someone really wanted to be Sekiyoku that badly, they could just register Ramyb.

And there's also that little spurt earlier re: Ramy and Seki's questionable convention ethics. I feel there is plenty reason enough to be inquisitive.


Inquisitive? Certainly. But however suspicious I am, I avoid assumptions and give people the benefit of the doubt until some hard evidence shows up. sekiyuko could just be a crazy fangirl. And there is the point that, in all likelihood, if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one.


HeartlineTwist wrote:Technically speaking, even with your example, a single vote is still relatively meaningless...:-P.


In the past, there have been designs in the fog that ended only a single vote apart, not to mention several ties. I think sokowa's Lighthouse design in the Home derby lost by 1 vote.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:In the past, there have been designs in the fog that ended only a single vote apart, not to mention several ties. I think sokowa's Lighthouse design in the Home derby lost by 1 vote.


Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.

BaldrickXYU


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldrickXYU
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.


Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
BaldrickXYU wrote:Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....


Yeah, but you can't vote yet.

I must profess that as much as I argue for the fun of it, I somewhat support most of Adder's frustration and even some of his points, even if I think there are better ways to make them. On top of that, I also seem to realize that I don't think shirt.woot is going to make some massive conversion any time soon, so it gets tiring to see the same thing over and over again.

I think I, out of curiosity, will start asking Adder and every other vocal complainer which three designs they would have picked to print. I think it'd be fun to do every derby. It'd also be interesting if someone compiled the vote number totals and compared them to actual votes. Hrmmm.

TurnipsOfJustice


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurnipsOfJustice
Re: Birth of the Moon


::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

::SWOOOOSH!::

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.

As for matters of suspicion, I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but I also believe in knowing your suspects. If RobGlenn steals ideas, we approach his work presuming he did it again. If CheeseSandwich steals images, we approach hers wondering where she got it. And if a user is known to create multiple accounts at other locations and use unsavory methods of self-promotion, we should be incredibly realistic that at a site where nearly everyone seems to have extra accounts, the chance of any given user having a second vote account is very high, and occam's razor states that someone associated in account fraud elsewhere has a very good chance of it somewhere where those accounts can make them serious bank. Unless we assume that someone was so blown away by seki's work that they created a fan account within 20 days of her first entry to the derby, before she ever even printed at woot. I prefer the tinfoil hat. I'd rather be alert and wrong than let my guard down when I shouldn't.


Again I say, "if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one." Even so, I agree with all your reasoning. I also agree that we should wear the metaphorical tinfoil hat, but that doesn't mean we should state any suspicions as if they were fact. For all we know, this is all a clever ruse by some sekiyoku hater who thought, "if I make a fake account name that looks very similar to sekiyoku's and post with it a few times, people will notice and she'll be accused of cheating." Hooray conspiracy theories?

Certainly, approach with caution. Certainly, state the facts and note how suspicious the circumstances are. But it's still just speculation, and stating that as fact just isn't good form. Assumptions, heh.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

BaldrickXYU


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldrickXYU
TurnipsOfJustice wrote:::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

::SWOOOOSH!::


I would love nothing more than to feel the heft of your organic bosom.

Adder: "First Name?"
Baldrick: "I'm not sure."
Adder: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
Baldrick: "It might be Sod Off."
Adder: "Sod Off??"
Baldrick: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to all the other snipes, "'Allo, my names Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes we know, Sod Off Baldrick"

BaldrickXYU


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BaldrickXYU
HeartlineTwist wrote:Yeah, but you can't vote yet.


Just wait, my dear Twist. Soon. Just as soon as a shirt that doesn't suck mightily comes up for sale.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
BaldrickXYU wrote:Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....


So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel?

I actually prefer you to the other dudes, TBH. At least you know where the name comes from.

mrgodly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgodly

more of a poster or picture than a shirt =x
but very nice design

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
TurnipsOfJustice wrote:::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

::SWOOOOSH!::


I...I think I'm in love. Marry me?

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.


Your point here just isn't valid in this case. First of all, sekiyoku has been on the losing side of several close(ish) derbies already, but never on the winning side. Her one entry that won so far did so by a margin of over 300 votes. I'll eat my words if this entry ends up winning by a single vote, but I don't really see that happening either. You can be as critical as you want, and I'm sure you always think it's warranted, but I can't help but feel that you just try to find new things to criticize when entries aren't stick figures and you can't find something valid to complain about.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Again I say, "if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one." Even so, I agree with all your reasoning. I also agree that we should wear the metaphorical tinfoil hat, but that doesn't mean we should state any suspicions as if they were fact. For all we know, this is all a clever ruse by some sekiyoku hater who thought, "if I make a fake account name that looks very similar to sekiyoku's and post with it a few times, people will notice and she'll be accused of cheating." Hooray conspiracy theories?


I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.


That's why I called it a clever ruse.

No swapping yet. Just ramyb winning repeatedly, really. As for their high placements - tgentry has been doing just as well, and cho did in the past. I suppose you might argue that the difference is that tg and cho actually do quality work, but that's strictly subjective. Of the designs they've put out, even though I may not have liked them, I could see why the average voter might (with the exception of the stick people, but I was already confused by that when Row vs Wade placed). You were already complaining about the idiotic voting public before "charmander and charmeleon" showed up; why should their voting for "junk" change now?

Anyway, I think your suspicions are sound. But they're still just suspicions.

Also - who would charizard be? And what of squirtle and bulbasaur?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Adder, you are so dumb.... Just... get out of my thread. You have no prior knowledge, and if you actually looked at the way these contests have gone, you have no reason for suspicion.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.


Evolution isn't a theory, only the mechanisms by which it occurs are theory, and those aren't just accepted by most scientists. And in contrast to something like evolution, which has direct supporting facts, you are presenting faulty logic based on tangentially related suspicions of a group of people that you don't even know. You are quick to blindly accept anything as fact, so long as it supports a claim you are desperately trying to make. Ultimately, you can try to cast doubt on myself and sekiyoku, but until you can explain the fact that my designs have won by considerable vote margins (up to 800 votes), and that I've had two shirts sell out, you really just have no argument.

As a side note, your analogy to a burglar in your apartment is not actually applicable to the current circumstance. In that case, if something is stolen, then someone who has stolen before can be a suspect. In this case, though, the offense is having an account. You cannot project the same kind of logic onto the situation, because there is no real life equivalent.

Your tactics remind me a lot of those of Karl Rove for the Bush campaign in the 2000 primaries, but ultimately your claims will lead to nowhere, because an investigation on the situation will most definitely lead to finding nothing exposed. Why don't you be smart and send an email to the woot staff, and try to see if there is an IP match between the two usernames? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, but I'm sure you are afraid of taking such a proactive approach because all it will do is prove innocence in this case.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ramyb wrote:Evolution isn't a theory...

As a side note, your analogy to a burglar in your apartment is not actually applicable to the current circumstance. In that case, if something is stolen, then someone who has stolen before can be a suspect. In this case, though, the offense is having an account. You cannot project the same kind of logic onto the situation, because there is no real life equivalent.


They do call it the "Theory of Evolution". But can we not get into an evolution debate? I hate those.

The DA debacle concerns two people pretending to be many people in order to further their own interests. I think that correlates well to using multiple accounts. I'm not knowledgeable of DA, but people who are seem to know all about it, and the people who brought up the issue seem to have done their research.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

PhilSandifer


quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Birth of the Moon


Gorgeous design. Not my style, but it got my vote because I'll totally push my wife (whose style it definitely is) to get it.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
eHalcyon wrote:They do call it the "Theory of Evolution". But can we not get into an evolution debate? I hate those.

The DA debacle concerns two people pretending to be many people in order to further their own interests. I think that correlates well to using multiple accounts. I'm not knowledgeable of DA, but people who are seem to know all about it, and the people who brought up the issue seem to have done their research.


I'd hardly call it research when the provided evidence is all hearsay. If extensive research were actually done, it would be seen that the claims about foul play started happening before it could even transpire, from people who sound a lot like adder does on this thread. I would love to fill you in on the details via PM, but I feel that this thread is not the place to do so.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ramyb wrote:I'd hardly call it research when the provided evidence is all hearsay. If extensive research were actually done, it would be seen that the claims about foul play started happening before it could even transpire, from people who sound a lot like adder does on this thread.


There was photographic evidence. It was impressive. And the people who brought it up seem to have based their claims on their collective observations, not on hear-say. But as I said, I really don't know much about DA or the goings-on there. I was just disagreeing with your assertion that "there is no real life equivalent" for Adder's analogy.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
eHalcyon wrote:There was photographic evidence. It was impressive. And the people who brought it up seem to have based their claims on their collective observations, not on hear-say. But as I said, I really don't know much about DA or the goings-on there. I was just disagreeing with your assertion that "there is no real life equivalent" for Adder's analogy.


Sent you a PM

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ramyb wrote:Sent you a PM


Replied!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: Birth of the Moon


Not bad

100indecisions


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 100indecisions
Re: Birth of the Moon


SO AWESOME. Man, there are way too many awesome shirts in this Derby...I'm gonna be broke if all my favorites win (well, okay, 30 or 40 bucks is not broke, but still).

Hutif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
BaldrickXYU wrote:I would love nothing more than to feel the heft of your organic bosom.

Adder: "First Name?"
Baldrick: "I'm not sure."
Adder: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
Baldrick: "It might be Sod Off."
Adder: "Sod Off??"
Baldrick: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to all the other snipes, "'Allo, my names Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes we know, Sod Off Baldrick"


My lord! If people use multiple accounts to further their design votes, the entire system of shirt.woot could be as broken as this vase.

Had to say it. Once I realized where your name came from I just couldn't resist.

spidermatt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spidermatt
Re: Birth of the Moon


My friend and i made a list of things we want to do this year. One of hers is buy a shirt on woot. I will deffinattly be recomending this one if (hahah "if") it wins. Awsome color scheme and absolutly flawless design. I haven't voted on a woot shirt yet and this is my first. oh btw, what does GMV mean?

dynathi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dynathi
Re: Birth of the Moon


If this doesn't win, I will be very upset ;) Probably the coolest shirt I've seen on shirt.woot in a while. Awesome job!

Kat4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kat4
spidermatt wrote:My friend and i made a list of things we want to do this year. One of hers is buy a shirt on woot. I will deffinattly be recomending this one if (hahah "if") it wins. Awsome color scheme and absolutly flawless design. I haven't voted on a woot shirt yet and this is my first. oh btw, what does GMV mean?


Got My Vote

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
AdderXYU wrote: Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on.


Could someone fill me in on what the heck all this talk about? What "shady past" and "impropriety" are people discussing? And what about the reference to "convention" ethics or behavior?

The uninformed lay-person with a single vote wants to know.

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Jestik wrote:Could someone fill me in on what the heck all this talk about? What "shady past" and "impropriety" are people discussing? And what about the reference to "convention" ethics or behavior?

The uninformed lay-person with a single vote wants to know.


http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2880645&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=28

Sorry I don't know how to provide a direct link. This is from the world of woot forums. Interesting reading, but there is a lot to sift through. Whoever started the thread apparently felt some remorse, so you have to go to the second post where 2th Fairy replied in order to get the links that Adder has been talking about.

Carpe shirtem!

masterkraig


quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Birth of the Moon


Amazing design, I just think it would look stronger on navy. This on black just seems like a science-kid shirt to me :P

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
masterkraig wrote:Amazing design, I just think it would look stronger on navy. This on black just seems like a science-kid shirt to me :P


You're right. I've been trying to figure out (other than the streamers and glowing rocks) what bothers me about this shirt, even though I like the actual focus (moon/earth splitting) so much. And the black is part of it, and it's because it seems like a little boy 80s shirt. THANK YOU for nailing it in my mind.

I don't know if the navy would make up for the other stuff (I think I just don't like shirts with big designs/designs on much of the shirt), but I think it would improve it. I'm so torn though because the main part is really incredibly awesome. ARGH.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

MaliceDR


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceDR
Re: Birth of the Moon

This shirt is AMAZING! The graphic is incredible and the vision mind blowing. There are two problems however.

Firstly is the nagging feeling that this is the kind of shirt I would have worn fifteen years ago when I was a kid living in Huntsville, space capital of the freaking world, or at least the deep south.

The second problem is the placement. If you sized the image down a tad and move it to the right shoulder, it would be a lot more powerful and appear less kidish. It's a little on the late end to make an adjustment and resubmit, sad to say.

Barbequepork


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: Birth of the Moon



Nice looking shirt

Copo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
AdderXYU wrote:I like you more when you're making horrible humor. This is killing me.


I liked you more when your mom went back in time and aborted you. Sadly, 'twas only a dream.
As for your ridiculously meaningless conspiracy theories, which, I believe, give you a false sense of superiority over your fellow interweb users, I approve of the moon-thread placement. Couldn't be better suited.

brainville


quality posts: 1 Private Messages brainville
Re: Birth of the Moon


Nice design. Too bad it's on a black shirt

-brainville

baseproduct


quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct

It's so awesome when self-important forum people try and tell everyone how they should think, using a rumor from a one-time poster who later pulled his post.

GMV Seki.

byrbwr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

sure it's pretty, but i just don't have enough faith in woot to be able to print it and do any justice to the original. we'll see though.

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
baseproduct wrote:It's so awesome when self-important forum people try and tell everyone how they should think, using a rumor from a one-time poster who later pulled his post.

GMV Seki.


To be fair, go read the links. This is a bit more than rumor. Heck, after looking at the "evidence," this is either a strange coincidence or misunderstanding or fact.

However, I still think that incident is entirely unrelated to this site.

blukat44


quality posts: 1 Private Messages blukat44

wow, this is just awesome, i feel obligated to buy this shirt

hasdgfas


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.


well, they're brothers, so I'd assume that he would like it.

ssbaudi


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssbaudi

no one cool would ever wear this shirt. on that same point, if a cool person did wear this, they would instantly become a gooey zit faced supergeek. planet shirts are now just as nylon as wolf shirts.

Zansonsgirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zansonsgirl

You can NEVER have too many black shirts

I love it -- it's very intriguing -- true though, I would like also to ask the artist for a signed print. This work is truly inspiring. Thanks for designing it!

~Raichyl

invisii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages invisii
Re: Birth of the Moon


mystically beautiful♥

Seekay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seekay

O_O That's amazing. For me it'd be $10 well spent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeekayFilms

andymnelson


quality posts: 3 Private Messages andymnelson
Re: Birth of the Moon


Looks more like the pooping of the moon. Talented artist for sure, just not my cup-o-tea.

munkychuncs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages munkychuncs
Re: Birth of the Moon


Damn I want this shirt!

More Derby Entries

By date:

By rank:

Thumbnail