Derby #198: Shirt Titles Reinterpreted
Sometimes art is about reinterpretation, re-examining previous inspiration or works, and finding something that even the artist didn't see before. Sometimes it's about churning out a remix for your album so you can bump it up to a full LP price tag. Whatever. This week we want your takes on previous Shirt.Woot prints, or rather, the NAMES of previous prints. Any shirt we've run is up for grabs, but your design must convey the original title. If you're looking for a list, our pals at Shirt.What have a great archive you should reference, or feel free to use ours. Now get to remixing!
- No pop culture. That means no characters that you yourself did not create. You want to make a space marine? Fine. But they'd better not look like Master Chief or Corporal Hicks.
- Your design must be an interpretation of a TITLE, not a design. Don't plagiarize someone else's work, and no "sequels" to designs, either.
- You must title your design like this: "Inspired By (Original Shirt Title)".
- Be nice. Anyone who decides to reinterpret a design just to cut down an artist is asking for the Rejectionator.
- The artists whose shirts that inspire the winning three entries will each get $100. So reinterpret someone you like.
- No text.